When milestones are not being met at the same rate as peers or challenging behaviors are interfering with a child’s successful participation, a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) identifies the environmental variables and makes changes to affect behavior in a positive and systematic way. A BCBA follows the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to evaluate and develop a highly effective treatment plan that targets each child’s unique needs. You can expect that the ABA Therapy sessions utilize proven, research-based, teaching methods while maintaining an environment that is engaging, collaborative, and really fun!
Not Sure If Your Child Needs ABA Therapy?
Before bringing your child in to meet with one of our BCBA therapists and receive an official assessment, we encourage you to check our Developmental Checklist and Autism Screening Tool to see how your child’s behaviors line up. Caregiver insight is an invaluable step in the ABA therapy evaluation process here at Handprints.
Information About Our ABA Program
What is ABA?Hover to learn more
What is ABA?
- A scientific approach to understanding and changing behavior
- Recognized as a research-based, best practice treatment
- Endorsed by many state and federal agencies including the Surgeon general, American pediatrics association, and American psychological association
- Flexible and effective – targets your child’s behaviors and teaches skills where they naturally occur
Who benefits from ABA?Hover to learn more
Who benefits from ABA?
- Any child who has challenging behaviors that are interfering with success
- ABA is not just for children with Autism or developmental disabilities
How Does ABA Therapy Work?Hover to learn more
How ABA Therapy Works
- Scientific approach to therapy that is unique for each child
- Focus areas include:
- Communication and language skills
- Social skills
- Repetitive behaviors and restricted interests
- Play and motor skills
- Self-care and independent living skills
- Toilet training
- Feeding skills
- Individual treatment plans built based on assessments/evaluations
How Do ABA + SPOT Therapists Work Together?Hover to learn more
How ABA + SPOT Therapists Work Together
- Multidisciplinary approach for more effective therapy sessions
- Therapists can work as a team to “co-treat” your child’s challenges
- Flexible combination of therapy types
Great news regarding our ABA Services
Handprints Therapies has received a 3-Year Accreditation with BHCOE. This is the highest level of accreditation an agency can receive. We are so proud of this accomplishment.
BHCOE is the international accreditation body for autism and applied behavior therapy (ABA). Through its advances in measurement science and performance-based standards, it is improving ABA care for patients.
Ready To Help Your Child Better Succeed?
At Handprints, our Board Certified Behavior Analysts recognize that each child has distinctive needs. That’s why our Colorado-based team creates individual ABA therapy treatment plans customized to each patient’s unique challenges. Curious about how we can help your child? Contact our team for more information on how we can help your child better succeed in life.